Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Trust your Gut, by Gina Meyers

 


I recently watched a Netflix's documentary on the Gut. Coincidentally enough, my aunt sent me an article on the gut. All in the same week, wow! So I started watching Netflix's Gut Special. I don't have a lot to say about it other than so much of our lives revolves around how we feel about our middle. As I was subbing the other day, I overheard a child say that I was skinny. This made me happy to overhear her say this. It was just an observation on her part and we were preparing for a math timed test so it wasn't like her comment to her friend interfered with her daily work schedule. But it made me smile inside, knowing that I will be 53 in exactly one month and staying fit is so important.


It's a funny thing to talk about the gut and our middle because it is as if sheer willpower or something has anything to do with anything. Our bodies change as we age/mature. The thing about the gut is how we use the word in everyday language without knowing. The article my aunt sent talked about foods to eat and other ways to bring more oxygen and healing to the brain via the gut health including probiotics. But what fascinates me in the lexicon surrounding the gut. 


TRUST YOUR GUT

GUT INSTINCTS

IT TAKES GUTS

THAT WAS A GUTSY MOVE


The word itself has such a profound affect on one's psyche. 


So they next time you think about your middle or your gut, remember only the truly brave are willing to talk about their gut!



No comments:

Post a Comment