Wednesday, July 17, 2019

So you want to be the next JK Rowling, by, Gina Meyers



So you want to be the next JK Rowling, of Harry Potter Fame, well, you aren't the only one.

by, Gina Meyers

 I've met with two publishing, marketing, and promotions clients recently, and they both said the same sentiment, "they want to be the next JK Rowling". The truth is both have the tenacity to become the next JK Rowling. One is a science fiction writer for young adults and the other a poet.

But that familiar tome, go me thinking, does everyone want to be the next JK Rowling and why?

There is a lot to read in between the lines about JK Rowling's story. The story of rags to riches, but the truth is that story like Harry Potter is fiction. Like the game telephone, somehow the message became garbled, suddenly JK Rowling was in a bar, eating peanuts, writing her manuscript on napkins. It's the story of rags to riches, the sort of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous that get everyone saying, "I want to write a book, rise to fame, but are they really saying that?"

I think it is the perception of success-- the dream of "being discovered" that gets people excited.

Having had some level of success in the past with my Hope for Haiti Fundraising Cookbook (Winner of the Gourmand International Cooking Award, For Best Charity Cookbook In the World, Folies Bergere, Paris, France, March 2012), and I am the author of the Unofficial and Unauthorized, Love at First Bite, The Unofficial Twilight Cookbook, I can tell you--fame isn't what it is cracked up to be.

This is why I always have my prospective clients/authors fill out the Author Survival guide, it gives them a good dose of reality to what they truly want out of the publishing, promotions, and marketing of their book.

But, it also helps them to continue to dream and to believe in their dreams enough to achieve.

I am grateful I have honed in the tools and built the resources and connections to make others dreams come true.

Now, that I know what they mean about "wanting to be the next JK Rowling." If you want to learn more about how you can achieve your personal goals through publishing your book, email me at: http://www.serendipitymediagroup.com



No comments:

Post a Comment