Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Figuratively Speaking: A Game of Exaggerated Language by Gina Meyers

 


It figures I would come up with a game based upon my experiences being a fourth grade substitute teacher for two weeks.


The game is simple and fun.The object of the game is to learn the difference between literal and figurative language.  Sometimes when I speak, I am literal other times figurative. But most of the time, I'm sarcastic, unintentionally of course. LOL.


A hyperbole is a figure of speech that uses an exaggerated or extravagant statement to create a strong emotional response. As a figure of speech, it is not intended to be taken literally. Hyperbole is frequently used for humor.


They ran like greased lightning.


He has tons of money.


His brain is the size of a pea.


He is older than the hills.


She is as big as an elephant!

I'm so hungry I could eat a horse.


I have told you a million times not to fib.


I was hopping mad!


I nearly died laughing.


There are a million other things to do.


You're always doing that.


Go and catch a falling star. 

No comments:

Post a Comment