Thursday, March 17, 2011

An Exclusive Interview With Lucie Arnaz, "Hello Lucie!"





LUCIE ARNAZ: LOVING THIS LUCIE

Here’s Lucy

Descending from such a gifted lineage of show business royalty, one might assume that feeling comfortable in front of an audience, and living in the steady glow of the public spotlight would come as second nature for the eldest offspring of entertainment legends Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. But that wasn’t always so for the little girl who was then affectionately known as “Little Lucie”.

Despite an invitation to appear with her parents on what has now become the most popular and beloved sitcom in television history, Lucie Desiree’ Arnaz decided not to make her TV debut on I Love Lucy. Though rumored to have appeared alongside her brother as one of the children in “The Ricardos Dedicate a Statue”, Desi Jr. can be spotted in the background, but don’t be fooled; this Lucie is nowhere to be seen.

“I can pretty much tell you why I’m not there. I probably refused to come out of my room to do it, because I was extremely shy.” So much so, that when the siblings would be introduced while watching the show from the audience bleachers, Arnaz repeatedly rebuffed the acknowledgements.

“Desi would immediately stand up and take this cute little gentlemanly bow with one hand in the front and the other in the back, and then they would say, ‘and our daughter Lucie.’ And they’d look around, and they couldn’t find me! I was under the seat! I had usually crawled under the seat!”

If you would like to read more of Lucie Arnaz's interview, please consider purchasing the full interview on e-book (readable on your pc). Also available in softcover format by ordering from amazon or for an autographed copy from ginameyers.com.Living Room Legends: A Chat With Lucie Arnaz, Copyright © 2011 by Eddie Lucas. Publisher, Serendipity Media Group, LLC

1 comment:

  1. Grew up watching I Love Lucy, and I love to read up on Interesting facts about the show and it's stars!

    ReplyDelete