Thursday, October 7, 2010

Actress Heather Woodruff Perry

In honor of 10/10/10, I am profiling 10 of my friends that either have a new book, an exciting social cause, or simply want to share about their life. I asked American actress Heather Woodruff Perry to participate. She is a very well versed actress working on screen as well as in stage plays, and on radio. When you have the privileged opportunity of meeting her (such as myself, my husband, two daughters and son)in person, she is tall,funny, smart, sweet, with beautiful vibrant red hair, and a very sincere, loving person. She recently has had hand surgery, so asking her to share an update on her life was a major feat for her to take the time to accommodate my request. Please welcome Actress and entrepreneur, Heather Woodruff Perry. Her update is in her own words. Please take special notation to the fact that Mr. Bob Hope asked her to go to Vietnam!
"I'm making silver jewelry with Balinese beads and precious stones. And continuing to work on my book about my adventures as a young actress in Hollywood in the mid-Sixties, Screen Gems, Getting cast as Betty on Bewitched. This brought me an offer to go to Vietnam with Bob Hope."
"I asked if I could go with a smaller group and The USO gave me a band of 3 musicians and I sang and danced, told jokes and was "just a girl from HOME" to our fighting soldiers in remote combat area's, Field Hospitals and ended up with 5,000 men and ME on the largest Aircraft carrier in the Gulf of Tonkin The USS Enterprise! I'm a lucky blessed girl. I am also performing at the Old Time Radio Convention in Los Angeles SPERDVAC, on November 6th, playing another colorful character in a Nero Wolf episode."

1 comment:

  1. I saw Heather on LZ Nancy, Vietnam, in 1968 or 1969. I have a picture that says it features “Bryan, with Heather Woodruff.” If you want to read my story, send e-mail to dgittinger@alamo.edu

    ReplyDelete