Monday, March 28, 2016

Meet Author Meisha Macillas, author of The Messy Minds Poetry Book


Make a difference Mondays

 

In our new format, Serendipity Press will be introducing you to people and concepts that “Make a Difference”, each Monday. Today, meet Meisha Macillas, author of The Messy Minds Poetry Book.

Describe why you chose to write a book of poetry?


I wrote a poetry book to start out, I have always had a love of poetry and how it makes me feel. I wanted to make others feel how poetry makes me feel, strong and not alone.

 

What was the process like?

The process was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I was a little scared that I  was never going to pick all the right poems for my book.

Is it what you expected?

Yes and no. I never thought I would get as much love from my home town as I have received.

Tell us about why you chose the title?

 I needed something that expressed the poems inside. With the poems there was no true theme besides  my life struggle, I felt like a messy minds poetry book just fit.

 

What is your purpose in your writing prose?

To express all the things that I was never strong enough to say out loud. To help others who can't say what they feel out loud, giving them a voice that they can relate to.

How is your writing process?

That’s funny because I have been asked this question before and I never know what to say. I write anywhere and everywhere. I have no real process. I just feel something and write it down.

 

Have your dreams been realized in your writing a book?

I have taken a step closer to my big dream. But this is just a stepping stone to a much bigger plan for myself.

 

What is next?

 
I am currently working on a short story book. I want to continue writing books and hopefully can do so the rest of my life. I am so thankful for all of the help I have received by chasing my dream. I am very excited to see what life holds for me. I just know I am not giving up on my dreams until they are realized.

Buy your copy today!

Watch Meisha on Central Valley Talk TV

No comments:

Post a Comment